Monday

Can you identify this plant?


My first encounter with this plant was a couple of weeks ago. I had finished meditating by a stream when I noticed these pretty rounded edged, flat shaped leaves growing beside me. They were pretty and I wondered what name this plant was given and what wonderful medicinal, nutritious properties could it hold? When I got home I perused through my herbal books and found nothing to uncover the mystery.

Two weeks later (this Saturday) I noticed the same plant in Michele's (a friend and lovely person) front garden. She was also ignorant of it's name. Since I'd last spotted this plant's kin by the stream it had become much taller and was about to bud with flower.
Now I turn to you. Please have a look at the pictures below and see if you recognize my mystery plant.
The first person to identify the plant accurately will receive a 12oz Klean Kanteen.

Here you can spot the rounded, smooth, flat leaves. This is what I saw two weeks ago.



Two weeks later the stem has grown past the leaves and will soon be blooming with flower. Although I took this picture on Sunday (yes I spotted it for a 3rd time) this is what it looked like in Michele's garden.
In passing, apart from Michele being a great person she is also learning of plants. While at her house on Saturday she had Nettle hanging from a string and drying in her window sill. What an inspiration!

4 comments:

Annie Bananie said...

I think it might be a tall meadow rue....but I have no idea....
http://www.northernontarioflora.ca/description.cfm?speciesid=1005016

Annie Bananie said...

Actually I didn't leave the above post it was Tamara Marshall...oops

Woven said...

Aquilegia...I found some in my yard too...

Annie Bananie said...

Hi Woven,
Has it flowered yet?