Thursday

Health and Travel

"If we decide (the universe) is an unfriendly place, then we will build ...weapons to destroy all that which is unfriendly, but if we decide that the universe is a friendly place, then we will...create tools for understanding." - Albert Einstein

Einstein, I love his quotes. I do try to think of the world we live in as a safe place. That's my reason for not watching the news as it only makes me feel sad and angry at the world.  I would rather not be angry. I rather stay positive, and  as best as I can, spread joy and love to the world around me. In order to do this I need to stay healthy, hence I am reading the book "meals that Heal Inflammation" by Julie Daniluk, R. H. N., and it's  where I got the quote from. 


In my early 20's I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I am lucky because I have a mild case and my health has been good for the last 20 years. 

Now, at 44 years of old, things have changes (as they always do).  I find myself with joint pain, stomach pains and sluggishness. I am ready to get out of denial and face the hard truth; I need to eat food that agrees with my system, not only my taste buds and my emotions. The author,  Julie Daniluk  is from Toronto and has written a very concise, book that has me inspired to create positive changes in my relationship with food. 

I am reading the book on the airplane to Gander, Newfoundland.  Jay and I are heading off to another adventure where we will be going to a coast guard auxiliary conference as part of Jay's work. I have my ukulele with me and will be playing "I's da by" a Newfie song, in front of 150 people on Saturday night. I barely know the song so I have a lot of practicing to do!  This is going to be a fun adventure. We are going to Fogo, Twilingate, and Morten's  Harbour, just like the lyrics in the song: "Fogo, Twilingate, Morten's Harbour all around the circle".  Apparently, this area has a very Irish feel to it 😊 I love adventures. Don't you?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sing your heart out Annie! Love you sis! Xo