Monday

A Walk in the Woods


 Yesterday was a beautiful day as we gathered with friends under the blue sky and roaming white clouds.  The wind was brisk and our faces shined with bright smiles!  We walked through the well trodden trail of the Gatineau Park information center.  The leaves have left us early this year leaving the trees naked and a reminder of King Winter's pending arrival. 
 Our adventure brought us to a fallen tree which made  for a  perfect balance beam.  Adults helped children across with a  helping hand and an encouraging smile.

We found the perfect climbing trees. I often found myself holding my breath as the children climbed higher and higher.  As the darkness of winter comes down upon us I commit to making an effort in connecting to the people that grace my life.  Through their smiles and joys I will find light in the dark corners :)

No comments: